4 hrs/week with a level 2 USAT coach: 25 bucks

  • Norm Houser
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
      Hey team,
      This semester I'm in Sharon Osgood's Tri class at MPC. The class meets
      Monday from 12:00-2:00 and Wednesday from 5:00-7:00. Monday is usually a
      1 hr lecture followed by a workout, and Wed we meet at the track and
      have an informal lecture/question time as we stretch; we then run or
      bike as weather and daylight allow.

      This semester the class is geared towards beginners simply because
      everyone there is one. She's taught me that my bike split is relatively
      slow because I push the wrong gears; that I don't need to wear bike
      gloves during races; that powerbars shouldn't be used as a staple food...

      Before the semester began, I got Sharon's permission to take the class
      even though my DLI schedule doesn't allow me to attend her Monday class.
      (That sucks because Mondays are usually lecture and swim days.) I've
      also missed a couple Wed sessions for various reasons--once for an M2T2
      meeting. She's very easy going yet wonderfully motivating. (By the way,
      she's also on staff with Tri-California.)

      The class is being offered again next semester; she is also planning to
      invite the CVTC to participate in her Wed. night workouts (but her focus
      will still be on those who have registered). I told her I would pass
      this on to all of you--the more people who register for the class, the
      better it is for her and the class' future at MPC. A 2 credit course at
      MPC is about 25 bucks; a two-day clinic with Sharon is 250 bucks. But
      it's not just about the money--it's about the Peninsula Tri community.

      --Norm