THIS WEEK AT M2T2 (26 Nov - 2 Dec 01)

  • Booth, Gregory
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
      Howdy Folks,
      Sorry for the lack of info the past two weeks...I was in PA for thesis work.

      The news of the week is Wildflower sign ups. For past participants,
      registration is now open. For first timers, registration starts this
      Saturday, 1 Dec 01. Visit www.tricalifornia.com for details.

      Pick up your M2T2 polo shirts from Lynn in the ME bldg if you ordered one.
      Thanks for doing that, Lynn! They have already caught the attention of new
      members.

      Thanks to Bill Conner for hosting the end of the season party and for all
      who came out.

      For the new members, please visit the yahoo group page under files for info
      on training during the week. http://groups.yahoo.com-group-m2t2 If you have
      problems getting to the training matrix, let me know and I will email it to
      you.

      I plan to run on Wed at 1100 (3 miles) and Thurs at 1100 (5 miles). Meet at
      the gym if interested.
      Jim, I miss you. DLI hill next week?

      Coming soon...Triathlete of the Month!

      Be safe! Train smart! See you on the road.
      Clyde
      LCDR, SC, USN
      Student, Operations Analysis, Code 30
      Admin Officer, Monterey Military Triathlon Team (M2T2)
      Naval Postgraduate School
      (831) 656-2786
    • Norm Houser
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
        Hey team,
        This semester I'm in Sharon Osgood's Tri class at MPC. The class meets
        Monday from 12:00-2:00 and Wednesday from 5:00-7:00. Monday is usually a
        1 hr lecture followed by a workout, and Wed we meet at the track and
        have an informal lecture/question time as we stretch; we then run or
        bike as weather and daylight allow.

        This semester the class is geared towards beginners simply because
        everyone there is one. She's taught me that my bike split is relatively
        slow because I push the wrong gears; that I don't need to wear bike
        gloves during races; that powerbars shouldn't be used as a staple food...

        Before the semester began, I got Sharon's permission to take the class
        even though my DLI schedule doesn't allow me to attend her Monday class.
        (That sucks because Mondays are usually lecture and swim days.) I've
        also missed a couple Wed sessions for various reasons--once for an M2T2
        meeting. She's very easy going yet wonderfully motivating. (By the way,
        she's also on staff with Tri-California.)

        The class is being offered again next semester; she is also planning to
        invite the CVTC to participate in her Wed. night workouts (but her focus
        will still be on those who have registered). I told her I would pass
        this on to all of you--the more people who register for the class, the
        better it is for her and the class' future at MPC. A 2 credit course at
        MPC is about 25 bucks; a two-day clinic with Sharon is 250 bucks. But
        it's not just about the money--it's about the Peninsula Tri community.

        --Norm