Re: RE: [M2T2] Sat ride

  • David Miller
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 25, 2005
      Hi, I am a newbie to the area and to Triathlons. I will plan on coming out
      this Sat.

      I heard some talk of DeSoto list. Can someone clue me in on what that is
      about.

      Thanks.
      David

    • Jay Vaughan
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 26, 2005
        Dave,

          DeSoto is a triathlon clothing sports Co in San Diego. They offer M2T2 members a 25% discount on all items in their catalog. Send your full name, address, ph #, e-mail address to me at vaughanusmc@... and I'll add you.

        Jay

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • David Miller
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 30, 2005
          Jay and all,

          Thanks for the company on the motivating ride today. Looking forward to more
          rides in the near future. I have the Sandman next weekend so I will not
          ride with you all. Anyone racing the Sandman?

          Jay, please send the directions on how to get the discount at the De Soto
          website as we discussed during a non-hill portion of the bike course today.
          Thanks.

          David

        • Matt Sampson
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 11, 2005
            I'm gonna ride, but cyclist don't like folks with aerobars, and I'm not taking them off for them. I can do the route they take but I won't be riding in their pack.

            Matt

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 11, 2005
                There are a lot of triathletes who show up for the
                SMR. Myself included. I've never taken my aerobars
                off for a road ride, and no one thinks any less of me
                because of it. Just don't get in your aerobars in the
                middle of a pace line, and you'll be fine.

                Mindy

                --- Matt Sampson <msampson@...> wrote:

                > I'm gonna ride, but cyclist don't like folks with
                > aerobars, and I'm not taking them off for them. I
                > can do the route they take but I won't be riding in
                > their pack.
                >
                > Matt

                --Luck is the residue of design.

                "The experts are always telling us to 'Listen to your body.' If I listened to my body, I'd live on toffee bars and port wine. Don't tell me to listen to my body -- it's trying to turn me into a blob."
                --Roger Robinson, New Zealand masters runner and author

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • David Miller
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 11, 2005

                  I'm in. Where is the plaza at?  How far are you going?

                  David

                  >From: "Jeff" <jaffo76@...>
                  >To: m2t2@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [M2T2] Sat ride
                  >Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:58:54 -0000
                  >
                  >Anyone up for another ride this weekend? I was thinking about trying
                  >my luck with the ride that's listed on the Monterey Velo club website
                  >leaving from portola plaza around 7.
                  >
                  >Jeff

                • Jeff McCall
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 12, 2005
                    Portola plaza is at the corner of Del Monte and Alverado st. downtown, where
                    the farmers market is at. The Velo club website says the ride is about 35
                    miles, not sure if I'll be going that far because of time. See you there,
                    I'll be on a red KHS.

                    Jeff

                    >From: "David Miller" <dem5f@...>
                    >To: m2t2@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: RE: [M2T2] Sat ride
                    >Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:06:52 -0400

                  • Jacqueline Chang
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 12, 2005
                      There's also a group of us meeting at 0730, Lover's Point, easier ride than the MVC, in case anyone's interested.  We'll do about a 25-35-mile ride, towards 17-mile drive, some hills.

                      Jackie

                      David Miller <dem5f@...> wrote:

                      I'm in. Where is the plaza at?  How far are you going?

                      David

                      >From: "Jeff" <jaffo76@...>
                      >To: m2t2@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [M2T2] Sat ride
                      >Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:58:54 -0000
                      >
                      >Anyone up for another ride this weekend? I was thinking about trying
                      >my luck with the ride that's listed on the Monterey Velo club website
                      >leaving from portola plaza around 7.
                      >
                      >Jeff

                    • Steve Blum
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 26, 2005
                        Hi,

                        I joined this list several years ago, during one of the earlier incarnations
                        of M2T2, and have stayed. I don't know if I know any of the current M2T2
                        members -- I'm a triathlete here in the Monterey area, and am also USAT's
                        officials coordinator for the Southwest Region. I thought I would pass on
                        some info about a clinic for new referees that's coming up locally.

                        If you've ever wondered whether being a triathlon referee would be a cool
                        thing to try, the upcoming PG and Big Kahuna triathlons would be a great
                        opportunity to find out. I'll be teaching a USAT officials clinic on
                        Friday, 9 September 2005, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Lovers Point (exact
                        spot TBD). If you take the class, then work at either the Saturday or
                        Sunday PG race, or at the Big Kahuna tri up in Santa Cruz on Sunday, you'll
                        be a USAT referee.

                        There's a little bit of a learning curve, but after you've worked three
                        races, you're eligible for a stipend ($75 for short course, $125 for long
                        course events) and expenses. You also get the best seat in the house to
                        enjoy the action.

                        If you'd just like to take the class to get a better understanding of USAT
                        rules, that's fine too.

                        If you're interested, please let me know so I can plan accordingly. There's
                        no fee for the clinic, but I will send you a referee's manual and an open
                        book test to be completed ahead of time.

                        Thanks for the consideration!

                        Cheers,

                        Steve Blum
                        Southwest Region Coordinator
                        USA Triathlon Officials' Program

                        Office: 1-831-582-0700
                        Mobile: 1-925-212-3793
                        Email: steveblum@...
                      • Jeff McCall
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 26, 2005
                          Hi Steve,

                          I would definatly be interested, however I've only done one tri if
                          experiance makes a difference. I had a shoulder injury that prevents me from
                          swimming for now. Hope to see you there.

                          Jeff McCall
                          22 Ralston Dr.
                          Monterey, CA 93940
                          (831) 648-9386