Marlina Shaw

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hi.

      Can anyone help with the lyrics to Marlina Shaw song Go Awat little Boy
    • Underdog
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2009
        Hi, Dave,

        Couldn't find the lyrics, so I downloaded the music and transcribed it
        myself. There may be some errors, as English isn't my mother language, but I
        think it will do. If you (or anyone else) could fill in the blanks and
        repost it corrected, it would be fine.

        Underdog

        Marlena Shaw
        Go Away, Little Boy

        La la lala lala lala dida
        Dadadadida dadadadadada

        How can I express to you the joy I felt
        When I realized that I had found the perfect man for me?
        The man who could make me feel all the things that I felt a woman should
        feel
        I said "Darling, I wanna be the perfect woman for you"
        I got myself a three-year subscription to 'Essence' magazine
        Read it from cover to cover, you know, I wanted to be perfect for him
        I said "Black is beautiful, just keep gettin' up, together we can make it!
        It's gonna be all right
        Hmm
        Forget about what society says is or isn't, or what can or cannot be
        Keep gettin' up!"
        He quit his job.
        Came home one day with fourteen mirrors
        Some of it all sheen, some of it all clean
        Some of it all fluid, some of it all do it
        To consider it a big open to get the black beautiful
        "Check out the boy, mother's love, mother's love!"
        I said "Well, my darling, I, I... I hate to gettin' you business, you know
        what I mean, but I...
        I mean... hmm
        What about the job, and what about the gas and electricity, and the, the...
        And not that I am equating... a job with you man, don't you understand
        But I mean, you did had a choice in this"
        He said "I've got to keep myself together
        I'm tired of working for somebody else and maybe I'll... take out a small
        business man's loaning
        Open up a head shop"
        I said "But that's not bringing no money and, I mean..."
        He said "You work and I'm checkin' off my back"
        I don't know, I, I, you see, I wasn't raised like that, John
        I mean, I figure, if I can't get up and, and go to work everyday, then I...
        Every able body within the household is supposed to get up and go, at least
        looking!
        Oh, I know it ain't easy, my dear, but...
        I said "I... if for some reason you feel that you can no longer be the man
        that I thought you were at the beginning of our relationship
        Then I got this one thing to lay on you, my sweet"

        Go away, little boy
        Why don't you just go away, little boy
        You see, I am not supposed to sit up here, alone in the dark
        With some mirrors and no money and no use
        I know, understand and recognize the fact that your lips, ooh, so sweet, aw!
        But it don't look like our lips, hey, will have another chance to meet
        I think I can find myself another man
        And I know what to do when I got somebody who can be true

        So why don't you ru-un-un-un-un away, little boy
        Let the dawn up here to where the dark should have been to, little boy
        'Cause you're hurting me more
        Every minute that you delay, hey, hey
        'Cause when you're near me like this, oh baby
        You're gettin' kind of hard for me to understand, so my man
        Just go on away, just go on away, just go on away, little boy
        Before I do some hash

        Oh, run run run run ru-u-u-u-n, little boy
        Find yourself another set of new strings, little boy
        'Cause you're hurting me more
        Every minute that you delay, ooh, hey
        Oh, when you're near me, when you're near me, when you're near me, when
        you're near me
        When you're near me, when you're near me, when you are close uptight like
        this
        You're gettin' just a little bit too hard for me to resist
        So why don't you go on away, little boy
        Before I...
        Before I...

        Why don't you just leave me alone, you know what I mean?
        Go ahead, take your bangs with your... ???
        ??????????????????????? and Playboy magazines
        Just go on, get out of my life!
        But don't stand so close to me when you try to get that last goodbye kiss
        I know you ????? now
        And...
        Don't talk to me like that
        Hmm
        And don't, don't kiss my lips any better...
        And please don't suck my... earlobes like that and...
        And, and don't, don't... oh, baby
        Oh, oh, my lovecat
        You think you can get a job by Thursday?
        You promise? Then you don't fool me, just...

        Then you might as well stay... stay...
        Might as well stay
        Don't go away
        You can be my man one more time
        But this time I wanna try harder too, sugar
        This time I'm gon' be sweeter