Re: Lyrics needed - theme song from John From Cincinatti

  • Ellen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      Johnny Appleseed
      Artist:Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros

      Lord, there goes Johnny Appleseed
      He might pass by in the hour of need
      There's a lot of souls
      Ain't drinking from no well locked in a factory

      Hey - look there goes
      Hey - look there goes
      If you're after getting the honey - hey
      Then you don't go killing all the bees

      Lord, there goes Martin Luther King
      Notice how the door closes when the chimes of freedom ring
      I hear what you're saying, I hear what he's saying
      *Is what was true now no longer so

      Hey - I hear what you're saying
      Hey - I hear what he's saying
      If you're after getting the honey - hey
      Then you don't go killing all the bees

      What the people are saying
      And we know every road - go, go
      What the people are saying
      There ain't no berries on the trees

      Let the summertime sun
      Fall on the apple - fall on the apple

      Lord, there goes a Buick forty-nine
      Black sheep of the angels riding, riding down the line
      We think there is a soul, we don't know
      That soul is hard to find

      Hey - down along the road
      Hey - down along the road
      If you're after getting the honey
      Then you don't go killing all the bees

      Hey - it's what the people are saying
      It's what the people are saying
      Hey - there ain't no berries on the trees
      Hey - that's what the people are saying, no berries on the trees
      You're checking out the honey, baby
      You had to go killin' all the bees

      --- In lyricshq@yahoogroups.com, "Jane" <janenov24@...> wrote:

      > This is an HBO show that was cancelled after one season. It starts out
      > like Lord There goes Johnny Appleseed. He might walk by in the hour of
      > need. But I would love to know the rest of the lyrics. Thanks so much!

    • Jane
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
        Thank you very much!
        Jane