Old Country Song...

  • Barb
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2004
      I'm looking for the lyrics to a country song from the 70s, I think
      it's called "Rose Garden". What I remember is this...

      I beg your pardon
      I never promised you a rose garden
      Along with the sunshine
      There's gotta be a little rain sometimes

      Does anyone know the rest of the lyrics? Thanks!
    • shadesy694u
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2004
        Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson

        I beg your pardon,
        I never promised you a rose garden.
        Along with the sunshine,
        There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.
        When you take, you gotta give, so live and let live,
        Or let go.
        I beg your pardon,
        I never promised you a rose garden.

        I could promise you things like big diamond rings,
        But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover.
        So you better think it over.
        Well, if sweet-talkin' you could make it come true,
        I would give you the world right now on a silver platter,
        But what would it matter?
        So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
        Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
        Come along and share the good times while we can.

        I beg your pardon,
        I never promised you a rose garden.
        Along with the sunshine,
        There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

        Instrumental break.

        I beg your pardon,
        I never promised you a rose garden.

        I could sing you a tune or promise you the moon,
        But if that's what it takes to hold you,
        I'd just as soon let you go, but there's one thing I want you to
        know.
        You better look before you leap, still waters run deep,
        And there won't always be someone there to pull you out,
        And you know what I'm talkin' about.
        So smile for a while and let's be jolly:
        Love shouldn't be so melancholy.
        Come along and share the good times while we can.

        I beg your pardon,
        I never promised you a rose garden.
        Along with the sunshine,
        There's gotta be a little rain sometimes.

        To fade.