RE: County's

  • chevelle702
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 1999
      Looking for county map"s Like where pope county is in minnesota and which county is shokopee is in?? does anybody know also where is white bear lake township?? please E-Mail me chevelle702@...
    • GaryR46
      Message 2 of 8 , May 28, 1999
        Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for Lyon County Minnesota community.
      • GaryR46
        Message 3 of 8 , May 28, 1999
          The surnames I have been researching in Lyon
          County, MN are: REA, BATES, LARSON, STOLLE, and LIER. For
          a more or less complete genealogy, plus a a
          biography of my great-grandfather O. J. Rea, see my pages
          at:<br><a href=http://members.tripod.com/~GaryR45/otherlines.html target=new>http://members.tripod.com/~GaryR45/otherlines.html</a><br><a href=http://members.tripod.com/~GaryR45/ojrea.html target=new>http://members.tripod.com/~GaryR45/ojrea.html</a>
        • ih8ti95
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 15, 2000
            From Marshall, Tracy, Amiret, Lyon Co. My family
            farmed the land on the Frank CAHOW farm. Looking for any
            information that can be provided on the CAHOW name and
            Benjamin Franklin CAHOW, who are his children, siblings
            and who is his father? I can share Cahow info with
            interested parties. <br>DeeAnn
          • familysearcher2000
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 9, 2000
              Hi, don't know if I'm in the right place, but my
              Grandmother was born in 1899, somewhere in Minnesota. Her
              parents where Bernard Voltin and Mary Sherman. Mary was a
              school teacher. Their oldest daughter Agnes died when
              she was 5. The family then moved to Wilton North
              Dakota. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks,Deborah
            • GaryR46
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7 9:55 PM
              • icelandrebel
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 13, 2002
                  I am of Icelandic descent, raised in the Minneota
                  area, now live in Iceland, and can help with Icelandic
                  genealogical research. Still have relatives in the area, and
                  my father is kind enough to provide me with the most
                  recent phone book!
                • icelandrebel
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 18, 2002
                    Pope Co. is in west central Minn., halfway
                    between the "bump" that juts into NE S. Dak. and St.
                    Cloud. The county seat is, I think,
                    Glenwood.<br><br>Shakopee is SW of Minneapolis, along Hwy. 212, and is in,
                    I think, Scott Co.; might be the county seat.
                    and may be named for the Township. It is north of St.
                    Paul, along 35E (interstate to Duluth). <br><br>I am
                    using a road atlas, and the small print and pale border
                    lines are hard to read. I only have a township
                    directory for Lyon County (in the SW part of MN), not the
                    whole state.