Sopranos--*****SPOILERS*****

  • gc_252000
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 4, 2007
      If you haven't seen the last episode, you're best off NOT reading
      this thread until after you've seen it.

      ***SPOILERS***

      Originally, I was convinced Tony would be killed in the final
      episode. I still suspect that might be the case, but am not as
      certain as I once was. Right now, Tony is essentially finished. He
      has no men.

      Indeed, it appears the Jersey family was nothing more than a
      glorified crew. Their incompetence has been their undoing.

      Who'd have thought Phil could cripple them so badly and so easily
      just by making a simple decision? Hell, the Jersey family hasn't
      really fired a single shot yet and they're already doomed. That
      Bobby and Silvio went down so cluelessly is something! This, just
      following their attempted hit on Phil that failed and failed
      miserably.

      And to think, the episode began with Tony and Silvio fake boxing
      saying "strike first, strike first". LOL!

      It will be interesting to see how it finishes. Something tells me
      Paulie will once againt survive by 'the skin of his nuts'. I also
      wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of dream sequences where
      Tony sees past characters who no longer breath in the Sopranos world.

      I also suspect, somehow or another, that Tony will get lured out of
      hiding because his family will be used as bait. Either AJ, Carmella,
      Meadow, or perhaps, all of them.

      Sad that it's coming to an end, but at the same time, super pyshced
      to see the finale.

      This has been a helluva show! It will leave a void that shall never
      quite be filled.

      --Geoff
    • ericbill@verizon.net
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 13, 2007
        I believe there a few more biblical references peppered throughout the dense passages of dialogue that I unable to recall immediately.

        I also believe that the Tina Blake character is intended to represent Mary Magdelene.

        If I wasn't so lazy, I might be inclined to draw parallels between Christ's apostles and several of the characters on the show.

        Eric