Terrible News For Twin Peaks Fans!!!

  • D. Eric Billingsley
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      From http://www.dugpa.com:

      July 4th 2003
      Seattle Times Reports that Artisan No Longer Has the Rights to Release Season Two in the US
      Now I knew they were having some legal difficulties in releasing Season Two, but this is just total bullsh*t. Here is the quote from the Seattle Times Online July 1st 2003:

      "Twin Peaks" season two. Don't hold your breath. Artisan, which did what Agent Cooper would have called a damn good job on the first season of Lynch's series, no longer has the rights �������� and they don't know who does now.

      Check out the link here:

      http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/artsentertainment/135133772_dvd01.html

      I'm working on confirming this with Artisan. I am also in the works to contact Paramount to see how their Region 2 release of Season Two is going. I fear that many fans will be buying Region Free DVD players this year.
    • Christian Twiste
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        Now that's a shit-show!

        Seattle Times Reports that Artisan No Longer Has the Rights to Release Season Two in the US
        Now I knew they were having some legal difficulties in releasing Season Two, but this is just total bullsh*t. Here is the quote from the Seattle Times Online July 1st 2003:

        "Twin Peaks" season two. Don't hold your breath. Artisan, which did what Agent Cooper would have called a damn good job on the first season of Lynch's series, no longer has the rights — and they don't know who does now.

        Check out the link here:

        http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/artsentertainment/135133772_dvd01.html

        I'm working on confirming this with Artisan. I am also in the works to contact Paramount to see how their Region 2 release of Season Two is going. I fear that many fans will be buying Region Free DVD players this year.

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/U4IolB/TM

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.egroups.com/community/lynch-list

      • Mike Dunn
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
          Paramount now has the US DVD rights to Twin Peaks. Since they're prepping
          box sets for the other regions, anyway, you'd think they'd release it here
          too. But nothing is certain. So it might be a good idea to email Paramount
          and ask them release it here. So far Paramount's only dipped their toes
          into the TV on DVD waters in the US, mostly with Star Trek, MTV and
          Nickoledon stuff.
          <mailto:homevideo@...>homevideo@... is the
          latest contact email address I have for Paramount Home Video.
          Mike

          --
          *** Mike Dunn: mikedunn@... http://www.mikedunn.com ***
          LynchNet: The David Lynch Resource: http://www.lynchnet.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
            Paramount plans to release Twin Peaks Season Two DVD R2 sometime in the
            end of 2004.

            Jupp

            > Paramount now has the US DVD rights to Twin Peaks. Since they're prepping
            > box sets for the other regions, anyway, you'd think they'd release it here
            > too. But nothing is certain. So it might be a good idea to email Paramount
            > and ask them release it here. So far Paramount's only dipped their toes
            > into the TV on DVD waters in the US, mostly with Star Trek, MTV and
            > Nickoledon stuff.
            > <mailto:homevideo@...>homevideo@... is the
            > latest contact email address I have for Paramount Home Video.
            > Mike
            >

            > --
            > *** Mike Dunn: mikedunn@... http://www.mikedunn.com ***
            > LynchNet: The David Lynch Resource: http://www.lynchnet.com
            > Every light carries a shadow.
            >

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: lynch-list@egroups.com
            > Subscribe: lynch-list-subscribe@egroups.com
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:
            > http://www.egroups.com/community/lynch-list

          • Craig Ranapia
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2003
              D. Eric Billingsley wrote:
              I'm working on confirming this with Artisan. I am also in the works to
              contact Paramount to see how their Region 2 release of Season Two is going.
              I fear that many fans will be buying Region Free DVD players this year.

              I reply:
              At least you have that option - thanks to New Zealand's 'parallel importing'
              laws if someone has the rights to release in NZ it's illegal to import non
              Region 4 discs from overseas, even if the distributor has no intention of
              ever doing a local release. It's even open to question whether it is legal
              to import and sell region free players (or modify existing players), until
              someone takes a test case! The risk is, lose the case and the consequences
              are horrendous.

              CRAIG RANAPIA

              "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at
              them in our turn?"
              Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

              Vulgar and impertinent opinions - http://www.nzpundit.com/
              Odd taste in music - http://launch.yahoo.com/lc/?rt=0&rp1=0&rp2=1278602852