[lxx] Re: Rahlfs' Verzeichnis

  • james and tatiana miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2000
      Dear Colleagues:

      Does anyone know if Rahlfs "Verzeichnis der griecheschen Handschriften des
      alten Testaments" is still the authoritative index of LXX MSS? I haven't
      run across any other such index. Jellicoe mentions that it was being
      updated, and a reprinting was planned at some point. But my searches of
      WorldCat turn up only the original edition of this work. So, has it been
      displaced by another "verzeichnis"? Was the original ever updated and
      reprinted? If not, is it still considered the authoritative listing of LXX
      MSS? Any input on these questions will be appreciated.

      Thanks, James Miller
    • Sipila Seppo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2000
        Dear James

        Rahlfs' Verzeichniss is the only list publised. The Goettingen Unternehmen
        is working an update, but I do not know when such an update is about to
        appear.

        Cordially,

        Seppo

        ---