kurios

  • Rick Duggin
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2004
      Could someone tell me how many times the LXX translates Yahweh
      with the word kurios? I have seen the figure 6000 but have no way to
      confirm it.

      Thanks.

      Rick Duggin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2004
        > Could someone tell me how many times the LXX translates Yahweh
        > with the word kurios? I have seen the figure 6000 but have no way to
        > confirm it.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Rick Duggin

        Here are the relevant statistics from the TLG index (there may be some
        inflation due to two forms of Tobit and similar issues, but it's a start):

        KU/RIE (10686)
        KU/RIOI (1279)
        KURI/OIS (514)
        KU/RION (21005)
        KU/RIOS (39551)
        KU/RIOU (5) [sic!]
        KURI/OU (31559)
        KURI/OUS (723)
        KURI/W| (10097)
        KURI/WN (761)

        Total 116,180

        forms of KU/RIA add about 3,000 more, if that is of interest.

        Bob

        kraft@...