[lxx] Muraoka's LXX Lexicon

  • Larry N Baker
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 1999
      I am trying to obtain a copy of the work by Prof. T. Muraoka: <<A
      Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint (Twelve Prophets)>> Leuven/
      Louvain: Peeters, 1993
      ISBN 2-87723-070-8; ISBN 90-6831-495-5. Does anyone know of a nice
      source for this lexicon at a nice, reasonable price?

      Larry N. Baker
    • Joel D Kalvesmaki
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 1999
        Hi Schmuel,

        You might want to check out this article:

        Bogaert, Pierre. Urtext, texte court et relecture Jérémie 3314-26 TM et ses préparations. Congress volume, Leuven, 1989. Leiden E J Brill, 1991. (Supplements to Vetus Testamentum ; 43). p. 236-247. 1991.

        Hope this helps,

        jk

        Joel D Kalvesmaki
        16kalvesmaki@...
        http://arts-sciences.cua.edu/ecs/jdk/

        Graduate Student, Early Christian Studies
        Catholic University of America
        Washington, DC

      • Schmuel
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 1999
          Shalom lxx,

          Look forward to this list, as the Septuagint is a fascinating subject,
          which I run into often in the discussions about Messianic Prophecies,
          and also with the KJVO crew...

          Hopefully, the scholars and laypeople here can help me in understanding
          some of the basic issues involved...
          Here are 2 quotes from a bible errantist..., maybe some of you can share
          both on the accuracy of the facts mentioned, and the conclusions that
          are reached...

          "the Septuagint contains this shorter version of the book of Jeremiah.  It
          was about 15% shorter than the versions based on the Masoretic, and the
          chapters are arranged in a radically different order.  When someone says
          that the Jews were meticulous in the transmission of their sacred texts....."

           "the famous Messianic prophecy in Jeremiah 33:14-26 wasn't even in the
           Septuagint version, which was undoubtedly translated from a Hebrew text
           that matched it in content and organization."

          Jer 33:14-26
          Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will perform that good thing
          which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

          In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness
          to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

          In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely:
          and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, YHWH-Tsidekanu.

          For thus saith the YHWH; David shall never want a man to sit upon the
          throne of the house of Israel;

          Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings,
           and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

          And the word of YHWH came unto Jeremiah, saying,
          Thus saith YHWH; If ye can break my covenant of the day,
          and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;

          Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant,
          that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne;
          and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

          As the host of heaven cannot be numbered,
          neither the sand of the sea measured:
          so will I multiply the seed of David my servant,
          and the Levites that minister unto me.
          Moreover the word of YHWH came to Jeremiah, saying,

          Considerest thou not what this people have spoken, saying,
          The two families which the YHWH hath chosen,
          he hath even cast them off? thus they have despised my people,
          that they should be no more a nation before them.

          Thus saith the YHWH;
          If my covenant be not with day and night,
          and if I have not appointed the ordinances of heaven and earth;

          Then will I cast away the seed of Jacob, and David my servant,
          so that I will not take any of his seed to be rulers over the seed
          of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: for I will cause their captivity to return,
          and have mercy on them.

           (KJV with Qodesh Names)
          Thanks for any assistance..

          MAY WE USE COLOR ON THIS LIST ??  PUHLEEZE :-)

           Schmuel
           ICQ #12840631
           schmuel@...

          You are welcome to subscribe to the Messianic_Apologetic email forum at
          http://www.onelist.com/community/Messianic_Apologetic
          or send a blank email to Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe@onelist.com
        • Wisnu A I
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 1999
            this article (Bogaert,Pierre), Would anybody mind give me the summary?
            ('cause i never see the article, and i could'nt find it)

            thanks,
            wisnu