[lxx] LXX of the Orthodox Church

  • Richard J Saley
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 12, 1999
      I want to thank most sincerely those of you who have taken the time and
      effort to respond to my query about the textual characteristics of the LXX
      of the Orthodox Church. What at the time seemed to me to be a simple
      question has unmasked a very complex situation and I have learned much from
      your willingness to explain the transmission of the biblical text
      historically as an outgrowth of the role(s) assigned to it within the
      Orthodox communities.

      The real beneficiaries, of course, will be my students to whom I shall pass
      along--faithfully, I hope--what I have learned.

      With best wishes,
      Dick Saley
      | Richard J. Saley, Ph.D. Tel: 617-495-4239 |
      | The Semitic Museum Fax: 617-496-8904 |
      | Harvard University saley@... |
      | Six Divinity Avenue |
      | Cambridge, MA 02138 USA |
    • james miller
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 12, 1999
        Dear Dr. Saley:

        Thanks for your questions! You generated some interesting discussion here.
        Any further questions or comments you might have would be most welcome.

        James Miller