[lxx] Re: query

  • Joseph Crea
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 1999
      Hello James!

      At 04:46 PM 10/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >Dear SM Kelly:
      >
      >I am not familiar with "UBS's new two volume lexicon for the LXX", but any
      >new LXX lexicon is of interest to me. I had not even heard of this one, and
      >so was waiting for someone else to respond. I'm wondering if maybe you're
      >not referring to the German Bible Society's (Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft) 2
      >vol edition, compiled by J. Lust, E. Eynikel and K. Hauspie, whose second
      >volume was published recently (1996)? If so, although I have this one I
      >can't say much about it since I only very recently acquired it. But this
      >clarification, if it applies to your question, could help get some further
      >response.

      CREA
      Yep, the set offered by the ABS is indeed the 2-vol.
      Lust/Eynikel/Hauspie text (GBS, 1992/1996). It's tentatively on my
      "wish-list" along with the latest reprint of the Hatch/Repath concordance
      (with additions by Takimitsu Muraoka). Looks like I'm going to be eating a
      LOT of beans and rice in order to "feed" my LXX habit! ;-)

      With Mettaa,

      Joseph Crea
      <Joseph.Crea@...>