Fwd: Assistant Professor, Catholic University of America (Septuagint, Deuterocanonical Books)

  • Joel Kalvesmaki
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2013
      ================================

      Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies - Tenure Track
      School of Theology & Religious Studies – Biblical Studies

      The Catholic University of America invites applications for a
      tenure-track position in Biblical Studies, with specialization in
      Deuterocanonical Books and Septuagint Studies. Responsibilities
      include teaching both undergraduate and graduate; dissertation and
      thesis supervision; and service on committees. The successful
      candidate must possess a doctorate in area of specialization prior to
      appointment and demonstrate competence in appropriate languages.
      Pontifical degrees are encouraged.

      Please send a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, samples of
      publications and/or other written work, as well as three letters of
      recommendation from senior scholars to: Chair, Search Committee,
      Biblical Studies; School of Theology & Religious Studies; The Catholic
      University of America; Washington, DC 20064. Selected candidates will
      be asked for a statement indicating how the applicant’s research and
      teaching would advance the university’s mission (see
      http://www.cua.edu/about-cua/mission-statement.cfm). We will begin
      reviewing applications on October 1st. Applications will be reviewed
      until the position is filled. For any questions please email
      CUA-STRS-JOBS@....

      The Catholic University of America is the national university of the
      Catholic Church and was founded as a center of research and
      scholarship. We seek candidates who, regardless of their religious
      affiliation, understand and will make a significant contribution to
      the university’s mission and goals. CUA is an Affirmative Action/Equal
      Opportunity Employer.

    • James
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2013
        How much does the job pay? Is there a retirement & health care in the
        package? 2 - 4 week vacation per year? Is there possibility for the
        position of Pope?

        James
        ..