Re: [lxx] Part 2 of Göttingen Septuagint pr imer (Apparatus I)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
      This is very helpful, of course. Mention might also be made (unless I've
      missed it) of the more atomistically formatted presentation of the first
      apparatus variants in the CATSS files --
      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/rak//catss.html

      Also, the following paragraph is somewhat misleading insofar as such
      removable summary charts are also included in the original volumes; what
      Van Pelt has done, thankfully, is to translate the German and Latin
      explanations for the English-language user -- see also the appropriate
      section in
      http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/gopher/text/religion/biblical/lxxvar/1Pentateuch/02Exod-Wevers-Intro.html
      (the most complete translated Introduction, by Wevers himself, plus some
      additions of my own such as translations of the Latin terms):

      Miles Van Pelt
      <https://abramkj.wordpress.com/?s=miles+van+pelt> has produce[d]
      a concise two-page summary of sigla and
      abbreviations. I offer appreciation and gratitude to
      Miles that I can link to that pdf here
      <http://abramkj.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gc3b6ttingen-lxx-sigla_mvp.pdf>.
      That offers further instruction as to deciphering
      the apparatuses (both the first and second)
      in the Göttingen volumes. The introductions to given
      volumes contain the signs/symbols and abbreviations
      ("Zeichen und Abkürzungen"), as well.

      In any event, thanks to all for helping to demystify these valuable
      textual tools!

      Bob Kraft,
      Emeritus faculty co-director (with Emanuel Tov) of the CATSS projects