LXX bibliography

  • Joel Kalvesmaki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      I've only now taken a spin through the Zotero
      group<https://www.zotero.org/groups/septuagint> set
      up by Ken Penner. Congratulations to him on putting together such a huge
      number of items (about 3,200) and making them available. I encourage
      participants on this list to join and get involved in using and improving
      the group. I have used Zotero for several academic projects, and now find
      it indispensable to my writing, researching, and publishing (e.g., the
      bibliography <http://evagriusponticus.net/bibliography.htm> on the *Guide
      to Evagrius Ponticus*). I now only rarely write bibliographic entries in my
      articles and papers.

      Ken, you wisely appeal for help in editing the entries. The task is
      enormous, and I'm not sure where to begin. I touched up a very few of the
      egregious mistakes I stumbled across, but many other fields were more
      "iffily" wrong. It would be helpful if you could put together a style guide
      and a to-do list, so that those of us who might want to help can do so
      intelligently and with some focus. We can chat off-list about some
      practical ways to do that, if you're interested.

      Happy new year to everyone.

      jk
      --
      Joel Kalvesmaki
      kalvesmaki.com

    • Ken Penner
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2013
        I'm trying to get a hold of Emanuel Tov's A Classified Bibliography of Lexical and Grammatical Studies on the Language of the Septuagint (Jerusalem: Academon, 1982), but our library says there's no copy available anywhere in Canada (Toronto's is missing), and I cannot find any copies for sale. It's published by the Hebrew university bookstore, but their website is down (http://www.academon.co.il/).
        Have Tov's entries all been included in Dogniez's bibliography? If not, would someone be willing to send me a scan (it's 46 pages)?
        Thanks,
        Ken

        Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
        Associate Professor, Religious Studies
        2329 Notre Dame Avenue, 409 Nicholson Tower
        St. Francis Xavier University
        Antigonish, NS B2G 2W5
        Canada
        (902)867-2265
        kpenner@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2013
          Lets see what Emanuel suggests. He might have a spare copy lying around.
          I don't think I have one.

          Bob