Re: [lxx] Septuagint bibliography

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      Thanks, Ken. I've just gone through all the sub-libraries to confirm
      your finding -- actually 22 items, since Stipp's work is listed twice
      and includes the segment "kraft" in the title ("Triebkräfte"). If I
      search for Kraft, Robert, I get only one hit (why is that?). The newly
      contributed items are already included in the "Library" search, and now
      I can gradually add more. So for new users, the best general approach
      seems to be to search "Library" by last name (Penner returns 7 hits,
      Wevers 53, and Tov 56 -- details need to be added to several, such as
      article titles). One can also search for title words (e.g. "context"
      gives 21 hits) or to a limited extent publishers ("society" identifies
      20 hits, but "Brill" none!). So it is a simple and limited search
      feature, but it can provide useful results.

      Ken has requested assistance, and one area to help with is article
      titles (often only the title of an anthology appears, with the name of
      the contributor and the page numbers (e.g. Tov) but not the title of the
      contribution). Often this information can easily be found by a web
      search and added. But beyond such matters, one great potential of the
      Zotero bibliographical tool would be to identify significant internet
      publications and similar notes that might otherwise be difficult to
      locate. I haven't fully tested whether the general search function
      covers the abstracts, notes, and the like that appear in a listing, but
      seems not to do so. Hopefully this can be made possible at some point,
      to further enhance the usefulness of this service.

      Happy 2013, and some things to do in one's spare time!

      Bob

      On 1/2/2013 9:39 AM, Ken Penner wrote:
      > I found 23 items searching for "Kraft" under the main library. The URL for this query is https://www.zotero.org/groups/septuagint/items/q/kraft
      > I hope this helps,