Re: LXX Recited in Ancient Greek? Advise

  • Joel Kalvesmaki
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
      Greetings,

      You might make headway with the tool below, circulated recently on the
      classicists listserv.

      jk
      --
      Joel Kalvesmaki
      http://www.kalvesmaki.com

      Dear All,

      I've put an instruction on how to get the computer read out classical Greek
      (in Unicode) aloud on

      http://www.uni-erfurt.de/geschichte/antike-kultur/dienstleistung/pc-liest-griechisch-vor/
      (there is an English version on that page as well).

      Provided you or your institution have a licensed access to the TLG,
      Perseus, or any other website providing Greek texts in unicode format and
      have the software read out all Greek text (even convert long texts into a
      *.wav file playable on any walkman/ipod, should you wish to listen to the
      whole of Herodotus in Greek on a train).

      Best wishes for 2012, Kai

      --
      Praesident, Universitaet, Nordhaeuser Str. 63, D-99089 Erfurt
      priv.: Haus zum Roten Schild, Meienbergstr. 5, D-99084 Erfurt

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2012
        About 6 months ago the list dealt with this. As far as I recall, this is what we came up with: There are two recorded versions of the Greek OT - one in Erasmian pronunciation and one in modern Greek. Neither - at that time - were complete, but both werre available to some degree, especially the Psalms. I'm unable to find the posts at the moment, since the list search engine isn't working.
        Andrew Fincke

        To: lxx@yahoogroups.com