Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

  • Thomas Moore via LinkedIn
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 19, 2011
      LinkedIn
      ------------

      Thomas Moore requested to add you as a connection on LinkedIn:

      Lxx,

      - Thomas

      Accept invitation from Thomas Moore
      http://www.linkedin.com/e/ialz2r-gwe2t220-68/vA7piIYI4s9hrrB3v6qA75QksOfihJW/blk/I200818162_13/1BpC5vrmRLoRZcjkkZt5YCpnlOt3RApnhMpmdzgmhxrSNBszYPclYOdz4UcjwMc399bQdapmBLd4ZVbPgNejoPejsTczkLrCBxbOYWrSlI/EML_comm_afe/?hs=false&tok=2KtHWBFPiUOR01

      View invitation from Thomas Moore
      http://www.linkedin.com/e/ialz2r-gwe2t220-68/vA7piIYI4s9hrrB3v6qA75QksOfihJW/blk/I200818162_13/3cNnP8ScjwNe30McAALqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/?hs=false&tok=1uQ-Zms6eUOR01

      Why might connecting with Thomas Moore be a good idea?

      Thomas Moore's connections could be useful to you:

      After accepting Thomas Moore's invitation, check Thomas Moore's connections to see who else you may know and who you might want an introduction to. Building these connections can create opportunities in the future.

      --
      (c) 2011, LinkedIn Corporation

    • LXX List moderator
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 19, 2011
        This list member has been put on moderated status. Let this be a reminder that we should all be exercising due diligence when joining social networks and making sure the addresses of discussion lists to which we may subscribed do not get entered as a "contact" at the social networking site. The resulting invitation message constitutes spam with respect to the aims of this discussion list and is an inconvenience and irritation to your fellow list members--who are likely already waging spam battles of their own. We urge members to show greater consideration and be more diligent about this.

        Mods

        > I'd like to add you to my professional network on
        > LinkedIn.
        >
        > - Thomas
        >
        > Accept invitation from Thomas Moore
        > http://www.linkedin.com/e/ialz2r-gwe2t220-68/vA7piIYI4s9hrrB3v6qA75QksOfihJW/blk/I200818162_13/1BpC5vrmRLoRZcjkkZt5YCpnlOt3RApnhMpmdzgmhxrSNBszYPclYOdz4UcjwMc399bQdapmBLd4ZVbPgNejoPejsTczkLrCBxbOYWrSlI/EML_comm_afe/?hs=false&tok=2KtHWBFPiUOR01
        >
        > View invitation from Thomas Moore
        > http://www.linkedin.com/e/ialz2r-gwe2t220-68/vA7piIYI4s9hrrB3v6qA75QksOfihJW/blk/I200818162_13/3cNnP8ScjwNe30McAALqnpPbOYWrSlI/svi/?hs=false&tok=1uQ-Zms6eUOR01

        > Why might connecting with Thomas Moore be a good idea?
        >
        > Thomas Moore's connections could be useful to you:
        >
        > After accepting Thomas Moore's invitation, check Thomas
        > Moore's connections to see who else you may know and who you
        > might want an introduction to. Building these connections
        > can create opportunities in the future.
        >
        > --
        > (c) 2011, LinkedIn Corporation

        >     lxx-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Dale & Yvonne Ogilvie
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 19, 2011
          Hi there,

          Is the text of Alexandrinus available in an electronic format?

          Thanks!

          Dale
        • Ken Penner
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 19, 2011
            For the NT, yes, Alexandrinus is available electronically. For the rest of Alexandrinus, the only electronic portion of I know of is Isaiah, to be released by Logos in the next few months: http://www.logos.com/product/10088/works-of-richard-r-ottley
            I hope this helps,
            Ken

            Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
            Assistant Professor, Religious Studies
            St. Francis Xavier University
            902-867-2265
            kpenner@...

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 20, 2011
              Dale!
              You're in luck! I've got digital photos I made of the Fourth Maccabees part of the codex from the copy of H. H. Baber, Vetus Testamentum Graecum e Codice Ms. Alexandrino (3 vols., 1816-1821) in the Amherst College library. Baber's book is the only hand-written facsimile I know of - really a ton of work.
              Hope that helps,
              Andrew Fincke

              To: lxx@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2012
                Thanks Andrew, I was after the entire OT in electronic format, or failing
                that a decent text so I can create my own.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2012
                  Hi, Dale!
                  Here's the listing from the Amherst College catalog - not of the Baber facsimile but rather of the only edition of Alexandrinus I'm aware - the Grebe edition in four volumes, two of which came out posthumously in the hand of Wigan and Lee:

                  Bible. O.T. Greek. Septuagint. 1707.

                  Septuaginta interpretum ... quem ex antiquissimo MS. codic� Alexandrino accurate descriptum ... Summa cura edidit Joannes Ernestus Grabe.

                  Oxonii : E Theatro Sheldoniano, 1707-1720
                  From Swete, Introduction, 183-184:
                  "Grabe's edition is in the main a presentation of the text exhibited in a single uncial codex ... but to a greater extent its text is in fact eclectic and mixed.... The mixture ... is overt ... and can be checked at every point. He ... mark(s) with an obelus the words, clauses or paragraphs in the MS for which he found no equivalent in the Masoretic Hebrew and place(s) an asterisk before such as he believed to have been derived from Theodotion (or elsewhere). If he adds (something to the MS or relegates from the MS to the margin) such additions and substituted words are distinguished from the text of Cod. A (through) smaller type."

                  For the audio Greek Bible try http://www.biblicalgreek.org/about/contact.php or www.greekbiblos.gr. The list search tool is working, but not finding the discussion under the terms I entered: "Erasmus" and "Buth." I sent an email to the biblicalgreek website requesting information about the link to the audio Bible.
                  Andrew Fincke

                  To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
                  From: dale@...
                  Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:33:35 +1300