Greek Audio LXX

  • C L
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2011
      Dear Kevin, et al.,

      Please do check with your friend about the Audio LXX.  Actually, I prefer the modern pronunciation to the Erasmian; Crys Caragounis has made some good points about how the Erasmian pronunciation does not reflect the living language at any stage of its development.  So, I'm totally happy with modern pronunciation.

      I appreciate it.

      Chris

      > I'll try to remember to ask a Greek friend who's found various audio files

      > of other things if he knows of any audio files online (or offline) of the

      > Septuagint.

    • Tychon Pino
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2011
        Here is the link for the Psalter: http://www.vivlos.net/psalmoi.html The LXX
        without music is the center box.

        The rest of the OT will be available in October:
        http://www.vivlos.net/old.html

      • Kevin P. Edgecomb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2011
          Hi Chris,

          I should see him tomorrow. Caragounis is right. Modern pronunciation maps almost exactly to Koine (the outliers are Y and OI, now itacized but then more of an u-umlaut). Pronunciation has come up on the B-Greek list too many times to count. Modern works, it flows, and it takes very little time to accustom oneself to it. In addition, Greeks won't look at you like a Martian. Erasmian sounds awful, and is simply unhistorical in a Greek context.

          I'll let you know what I find out!

          Regards,
          Kevin.