Re: [lxx] Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

  • Joel Kalvesmaki
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9 8:44 AM
      To all:

      Please discontinue discussion this topic. Take it off list, if you like, but
      please keep posts on this forum related to the Septuagint.

      (Please keep that in mind for all future discussions relating to the New
      Testament and similar matters. They are relevant only if they somehow touch
      on Septuagint and cognate studies.)

      Best wishes,

      jk
      Joel Kalvesmaki
      co-moderator, LXX list

      On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Reader Arsenios George Blaisdell <
      maqhth@...> wrote:

      > Misty wrote:
      >
      > > Would it be considered blasphemy of the Holy Spirit to claim to be acting
      > by His Power
      > > when doing good works even if His Spirit may not be truly in you (even if
      > this claim is
      > > unintentional)?
      >
      > That would be silly...
      >

      > > Or, rather, does blasphemy (and, specifically, of the Holy Spirit)
      > involve overtly malicious
      > > intent?
      > It involves the verbal scorning of the known holiness of the Holy Spirit...
      > If one has no experience of the Holy Spirit, one cannot blaspheme against
      > Him... The Jews of Jesus' time carried the Covenant of God, and were
      > familiar with the Holy Spirit, and so had to be very careful to never say
      > anything bad about Him... Gentiles, on the other hand, could pretty much say
      > what they wished, and still be forgiven, for they did not have such
      > experience... Remember how the Jews were always pestering Jesus for a Sign?
      > And the Gentiles never?
      > At 14, and in this culture, you are doing well to be questioning your
      > teachings and experiences... Eternal salvation is a state of being that can
      > be lost in this life by turning away from Christ to sin and not repenting...
      > Remain loyal in your quest and God's loving hands will bring you through...
      > Arsenios

      Joel Kalvesmaki
      http://www.kalvesmaki.com

    • brian boland
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13 8:15 AM
        Hi Misty !
        You are doing fine Paul says in Galatians 5 v6 " The only thing that counts is
        faith expressing itself through love!

        note verse 18 ! Brianj