Historians

  • Bob Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2009
      Does anyone know where I can get the works of the historians mentioned below. I would prefer a CD Rom, if not then a website with a good search engine

      Alexander Polhistor

      Ctesias

      Diodorus Siculus

      Eusebius

      Gnaeus Pompeius Trogus

      Herodotus

      Manetho and Berossus

      Pliny the Elder

      Plutarch

      Porphyry

      Sextus Juliud Africanus

      Strabo

      Thucydides

      Titus Livius or Livy

      Xenophon

      Thank you for your consideration on this matter

      Best Regards

      Bob
    • James Spinti
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2009
        Did you try Perseus?
        http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/

        It is a website with many Greek and Latin authors, plus translations,
        lexica, etc. Not a CD-ROM, but definitely a site to keep bookmarked.

        HTH,
        James

        James Spinti
        Marketing Director, Book Sales Division