A Student's Resource Guide

  • Steve Puluka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2009
      I have prepared a handout for use in my introduction to scripture
      classes on the Septuagint. My hope is to povide essentially an
      annotated bibliography of the resources with a very short introduction.

      The web formated version is posted here:
      http://puluka.com/home/index.php?id=72

      I'd appreciate feedback on the approach and organization.

      Steve Puluka
      MA, Theology Duquesne University
      Cantor Holy Ghost Church
      Carpatho-Rusyn tradition
      Mckees Rocks, PA
      http://puluka.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2009
        Dear Steve,

        Thanks for the tip about the Swete introduction on line. There's also a 1989 reprint edition from Hendrickson Press, Peabody, MA. Volume one of Brooke-McLean is available through Google at http://books.google.com/books?id=BHUMAAAAIAAJ&printsec=titlepage&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0. You might have mentioned Fernandez Marcos' The Septuagint in Context. When the students come to terms with the Lucianic recension, his name is bound to pop up. The bibliography to chapter 14 offers references, including George Moore's "The Antiochean Recension of the Septuagint", AJSL 29/1 (1912), 37-62, which is available through JSTOR and gives a good view of how the discussion developed at the end of the 19th century.

        Andrew Fincke

        To: lxx@yahoogroups.com