AZARIAN 2Ch 24:20

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2001
      What variant readings are known at 2Ch 24:20 for the name AZARIAN and by what witnesses?

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      ------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/
    • Steve Puluka
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
        From: "Wieland Willker" <willker@...-bremen.de>

        > What variant readings are known at 2Ch 24:20 for the name AZARIAN and by
        what witnesses?

        Wieland,

        Neither Swete or Rahlf show any varients on AZARIAN in this verse. Swete
        does show some variants at the end of the verse, Rahlf has nothing.

        If your interested I'll transcribe Swete's notes.

        Steve Puluka
        www.geocities.com/spuluka
      • Wieland Willker
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
          I asked this question to clarify Matthew 23:35.
          Here Mt mentiones a ZACARIOU UIOU BARACIOU. This is generally taken as a reference to 2Ch
          24:20. But there we have AZARIA (and it is also not UIOU BARACIOU but UIOU IWDAE). Nestle
          in his NT-intro mentions a Lukian recension which apparently has ZACARIA. I would like to
          know the witnesses for this reading.

          Best wishes
          Wieland
          <><