Re: Enoch commended as having pleased God?

  • finckean
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
      Yes, Dale!
      1 Samuel 17:35 has David boasting of seizing the lion's beard (so the
      Hebrew), while the LXX cites the harpist: "I grabbed his throat". That
      correction by the 70 inspired the author of Hebrews 11:32-33 to applaud
      David for "seal(ing) the mouth of the lion". If David grabbed his
      beard, the lion's mouth would have dropped open. When David tickled
      his gullet, the lion paused to lick his chops in anticipation of the
      meal.