RE: Possible Junk E-Mail Re: [lxx] Re: John 1:1

  • Tony Costa
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Bill, you stated :

      "Note that the LOGOS (utterance) was there in the beginning, with God, and
      that it was divine utterance. And all things were made through it [not
      "him"]. Without it was not anything made that was made..."

      LOGOS is a nominative masculine singular noun and thus the personal pronoun
      AUTOU is a masculine genitive singular which accords with its antecedent
      noun. Thus we have all things were made through "him", not "it" as you
      suggest. The neuter is not used here which would have called for the use of
      "it".

      On another note, I am wondering if we are getting off topic here dealing
      with the New Testament when this is a LXX group list?

      Tony Costa

      _____