RE: [lxx] Are they spurious?

  • Tony Costa
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
      Actually it is all of Mark 16:9-20 which is spurious as well as 1 John 5:7.
      There are others in the NT. For a very helpful resource on this question see
      Bruce M. Metzger. The New Testament: Its Background, Growth and Content (3rd
      edition; Abingdon Press).

      Tony Costa

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
        I would disagree with the comments made regarding the "spurious"ness of Mark 16:9-20, but this is the "LXX" group and this is not the place for these kinds of things to be discussed.

        James B. Murphy

        >Actually it is all of Mark 16:9-20 which is spurious as well as 1 John 5:7.
        >There are others in the NT. For a very helpful resource on this question see
        >Bruce M. Metzger. The New Testament: Its Background, Growth and Content (3rd
        >edition; Abingdon Press).
        >

        >Tony Costa
        >
        > _____

      • Joel Kalvesmaki
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2007
          Agreeing with Mr. Murphy and as comoderator, I suggest this question be
          taken to a forum suited to New Testament topics.

          Sincerely,

          jk
          Joel Kalvesmaki
          Co-moderator

        • kwabena Sapei
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2007
            My apologies for asking about the questions below, I was dealing with them and wanted a little information. Thanks very much.

            kwabena Sapei <s.eng_nunoo@...> wrote: I have read that Mark 16:16-17 and also 1 John 5:7 are spurios. Could someone help me about them. And could they let me know if there are more?