Vaticanus OT

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2001
      I have (for a limited time) access to the new facsimile of the Codex Vaticanus. Since I
      have not much knowledge about the LXX I would like to recieve some suggestions what to
      look at in the OT part.
      I already noticed the interesting beginning page of Daniel which is written over and over
      in minuscle script.
      Please recommend pages, corrections, paleographical details, text details etc. that might
      be interesting to look up and/or study.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      ---------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
    • Larry N Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2001
        Vaticanus is described in Rahlfs text, as missing Gen.1:1-46:28 & Psalm
        105:27 through 137:6 from its 4th century form but added by a 15th
        century hand. These would be interesting to observe. You might peruse
        through the apparatus of a critical text of the LXX, such as Rahlfs, and
        note the where "B" is discribed with a different textual reading than the
        other mss. Also, superscipts and subscripts are of interest.

        Larry N. Baker