Swete's LXX editions

  • D Jongkind
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 2:46 AM
      Dear all,

      H. B. Swete produced at least 4 editions of the LXX around the turn of the previous century, faithfully including all the spelling variants. Does anyone know about the character of the differences between these editions?

      Best Regards,

      Dirk Jongkind
    • Nelson Chin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2 7:43 AM
        Not sure about the differences, but on another note, I've tried
        running the trial version of Recognita Plus 5.0 against the png image
        files of Swete's LXX that I downloaded from
        http://www.ccel.org/s/swete/lxx1/ after converting to windows .bmp
        format, and the OCR results was not that satisfactory.

        I resorted instead to using the UTF-8 LXX with accents file I
        downloaded from http://unbound.biola.edu/zips/index.cfm?lang=English
        and splitting it into smaller manageable files and open it in a
        Unicode editor EMEditor (http://www.emurasoft.com/) and copy and
        paste the text onto the CCEL website in Netscape 6 for Win NT set to
        Unicode (UTF-8) Character Coding. As for the Unicode Font I am using
        the Bitstream Cyberbit from
        http://jefferson.village.virginia.edu/babble/download/cyberbit.html

        For UTF-8 font display issues in Netscape and IE browsers see
        http://home.att.net/~jameskass/utf8ornot.htm

        You can correct the pages I've done by going to
        http://www.ccel.org/php/disp.php?
        authorID=swete&bookID=lxx1&page=1&view=thml

        The text needs to be conformed to Swete's LXX, and the notes still
        need to be typed in.

        -Nelson