The LXX and MT or Proverbs 23 and 30- the PELEIOI eyes and Eye of Falcon Horus

  • pasi pohjala
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2007
      Dear Researchers of LXX,

      currently I have been researching the PELEIOI qualifying eyes in the LXX Proverbs 23:29, the PELEIOI being rare word in LXX and translating HKLLWT that has only parallel in Masoretic text there in Judah blessing of Gen 49:12 where it qualifies his eyes, too- and the Targums ascribe to him glass- eyes (Neophyti and Pseudo Jonathan)! But PELEIOI recalls doves, and much is here iProv 23 and 30 written of AETOS, the eagle or Falcon- obviously Eye of the Falcon Horus is known as polished magical stone, too. Have some readers been thinking of such comparisons possibly.

      Best Wishes, Pasi K. Pohjala London

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen Sie´s mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2007
        Dear Pasi,
        As Bob, I'm sure, will agree, PELEOI is an error for TELEOI "complete,
        mature, full-grown", since pe and tau are almost indistinguishable in uncial
        script. What does TELEOI have to do with chaklilut? CHAKLILUT is itself an
        error for HAKLILUT, since chet and he are almost indistinguoshable in
        Hebrew. KALIL means "complete" in Hebrew. See Judges 20:40: KALIL HA-'IR =
        H SUNTELEIA HS POLEWS. But what does this letter-switch (the one in Greek)
        have to do with that letter-switch (the one in Hebrew)? Chet is two
        uprights with a horizontal across the top. So is pe. When you can't
        translate a word - and who can translate a monstrosity like CHAKLILUT? - you
        strip off the problem letter (chet) and turn it into its Greek look-alike.
        Andrew Fincke

        >From: pasi pohjala <pkpohjala@...>
        >To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [lxx] The LXX and MT or Proverbs 23 and 30- the PELEIOI eyes and
        >Eye of Falcon Horus
        >Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:07:57 +0200 (CEST)
        >
        >Dear Researchers of LXX,
        >
        > currently I have been researching the PELEIOI qualifying eyes in the LXX
        >Proverbs 23:29, the PELEIOI being rare word in LXX and translating HKLLWT
        >that has only parallel in Masoretic text there in Judah blessing of Gen
        >49:12 where it qualifies his eyes, too- and the Targums ascribe to him
        >glass- eyes (Neophyti and Pseudo Jonathan)! But PELEIOI recalls doves, and
        >much is here iProv 23 and 30 written of AETOS, the eagle or Falcon-
        >obviously Eye of the Falcon Horus is known as polished magical stone, too.
        >Have some readers been thinking of such comparisons possibly.
        >
        > Best Wishes, Pasi K. Pohjala London

        >Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? Versuchen Sie���s
        >mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail.

        ><< CHAPTERJUDAH1005.doc >>

        Catch suspicious messages before you open them�with Windows Live Hotmail.
        http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507