Re: [lxx] LXX version

  • Ivan KArel
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2007
      All. Thks for the explanation.

      Concerning Pat & Jim email, coud you give me some example ?

      Thks
      Ivan Karel

      Pat and Jim Ellis <jim@...> wrote:
      And there's always the possibility they were paraphrasing from memory and not quoting from a certain version.

      Bill Ross <BillRoss@norisksoft ware.com> wrote:
      No one knows.

      Bill Ross

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
        Ivan KArel <ivankarel@...> wrote:
        All. Thks for the explanation.

        Concerning Pat & Jim email, coud you give me some example ?

        Thks
        Ivan Karel
        ----------------------
        No, I can't give any specific example. What I was thinking  of was that when a person would be writing or speaking he might just quote a verse without having a document before him to copy from. As he would quote it, it might not be exactly as written or he might have just paraphrased it as he spoke or wrote. For example, I have paraphrased the words of Jesus when I have said "...unless a person is born again..." instead of "...except a man be born again..." as it reads in the KJV. Also, when ministering in a hospital and anointing a person with oil, I some times quote james 5:13-18. In the KJV it says "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much..." When I quote that I usually just say, "The effective fervent prayer of a righteous person avails much..." I am not deliberately misquoting or twisting the Scriptures, I am just paraphrasing. I think most of us have done that and I am just assuming that in the first century they probably did the same thing.
        James Ellis
        http://www.geocities.com/patandjimellis/index.html

      • Harold P. Scanlin
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2007
          Bill Ross wrote:

          No one knows.

          I agree. Listers may find some further bibliographic leads in my brief survey found at <http://www.ubs-translations.org/cms/index.php?id=41,0,0,1,0,0> "The Text of the Septuagint in the New Testament."

          Harold P. Scanlin

          Bill Ross

            Any knows  what's LXX version that Paul,Matthew and another NT writer quoted??

            Thanks

            Ivan Karel

            begin:vcard
            fn:Harold Scanlin
            n:Scanlin;Harold
            adr;dom:;;41 Waldheim Park;Allentown;PA;18103
            email;internet:harold.scanlin@...
            tel;home:610-791-9146
            x-mozilla-html:TRUE
            version:2.1