Re: [lxx] Purchasing the septuagint

  • nylla73@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2000
      Barnes and Noble may have to order it for you. Do a search.
      also, try <A HREF="www.crosswalk.com">www.crosswalk.com</A> web site.
      Just a thought
      nylla
    • Steve Puluka
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 21, 2000
        From: cousins5454@...

        Does anyone know where I can purchase the septuagint?

        For Greek and English parallel columns version:

        Brenton. Septuagint: Greek and English Old Testament with Apocrypha.
        London. Bagster 1851.
        This has been reprinted by various sources. This does not contain
        everything from all books but is the most complete available in English.

        The Standard single volume Greek Critical text:

        Rahlfs. Septuaginta. Stuttgart. Wurttemburgische Bibelanstalt, 1935.

        The Complete Greek word Condcordance:

        Hatch & Redpath. Concordance to the Septuagint, second Edition. Grand
        Rapids. Baker, 1998. (originally published 1897)
        This also includes a Hebrew Aramaic reverse index to Greek words.

        Commentary & Introductory Texts:
        Jelllicoe. The Septuagint and Modern Study. Oxford, 1968.

        Hengle. "The Septuagint as a collection of Writings claimed by Christians"
        in Jews and Christians: the parting of the Ways, AD 70-135. ed. James Dunn.
        Grand Rapids. Eerdmans, 1999.

        These may be found at many bookstores and libraries. If you live in the
        United States Inter-library loan is a wonderful way to see all of this for
        free. Ask your local librarian about it. Requests for books are fulfilled
        by other libraries and sent right to your local branch. Many college and
        universities participate and many are even willing to lend reference
        material this way.

        Steve Puluka
        Chair of the Adult Education Committee

      • David Hockley
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 22, 2000
          I'm sorry, I'm not exactly a Septuagint
          scholar, so I don't know how mush this might
          be part of the 'common knowledge' of all of you
          on the list, but here is my question anyway :

          What exactly is the Kaige Recension ?

          (...and are there any reference books on
          this subject)

          David