Re: [lxx] Original dates of translation of the various OT books in the LXX

  • Moderators
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 9, 2006
      On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 05:37:40PM -0700, Wyrick, Jed wrote:
      > It seems to me that this topic is inappropriate and offensive. Please,
      > might someone explain to me the relevance of these exclusivist critiques of
      > non-Christian faiths for the scholarly study of the Septuagint?

      There is no need for any explanation, but rather a need to heed the moderators' previous warning about this thread. We
      have already made an attempt at curtailing this dicussion, but some continued commentary on it has managed slipped
      through the cracks. Please discontinue discussion of this topic _now_. There are more appropriate threads of interest
      taking place alongisde this one. Let's abandon this thread and devote our attention to others more germane to the LXX.
      Your cooperation will be appreciated.

      Mods