Re: [lxx] Re: Order of LXX books

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
      There is a good section in the old Intro to the LXX/OG by Swete that
      covers this problem as it stood a century ago (not much has changed since
      -- the order of books varied quite a bit, and pretty much depended on the
      development of the mega-codex in the 4th century and later; occasionally
      one gets an earlier list, as from Origen and perhaps Melito, but there is
      not much evidence of detailed standardization within the general
      categories of law, prophets, history, psalms and poetry). The Swete volume
      is online -- search google or the like for it.

      Bob Kraft

      kraft@...