[lxx] Where to begin review?

  • clifton.d.healy@cwix.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29 8:03 AM
      After a couple of years off from daily work in the Greek, I'm wanting to dive back in, particularly with the LXX. Any recommendations on books to begin with, say as a way to get warmed back up? (For example, in NT, it seems, beginners always begin with John or 1 John. Any LXX "equivalents"?)

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/lxx
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29 8:13 AM
        At 08:03 AM 6/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >After a couple of years off from daily work in the Greek, I'm wanting to
        dive back in, particularly with the LXX. Any recommendations on books to
        begin with, say as a way to get warmed back up? (For example, in NT, it
        seems, beginners always begin with John or 1 John. Any LXX "equivalents"?)

        The Torah is fairly easy. You might want to start with Genesis.
        Or 1-2 Kingdoms (1-2 Sam).

        Best,

        Jim
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Jim West, ThD
        email- jwest@...
        web page- http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/lxx
      • Marc Pembroke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30 6:32 AM
          I see no reason not to start with Genesis. Actually, even in my first year
          of Greek, I found many LXX texts easier to follow than the NT.

          Marc A. Pembroke
          6401, rue des Camomilles Apt 2
          Charny, QC G6X3E8
          Canada