[lxx] Jellicoe

  • jdkalv@u.washington.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 1999
      Getting things started off,

      Does anyone know if there has been anything written to supplant Jellicoe's book Septuagint and Modern Study? I found this work one of the most accessible introductions I have read on any subject, and often wonder how much time would need to pass before a revision was effected.

      Anyone know?

      jk
      Joel D Kalvesmaki
      University of Washington Catholic University of America
      Alumnus, Classics and Philosophy Matriculated, Early Christian Studies

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/lxx
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 1999
        At 05:09 PM 6/16/99 +0000, you wrote:
        >Getting things started off,
        >
        >Does anyone know if there has been anything written to supplant Jellicoe's
        book Septuagint and Modern Study? I found this work one of the most
        accessible introductions I have read on any subject, and often wonder how
        much time would need to pass before a revision was effected.

        >Anyone know?

        I dont think there has been any further work that surpasses Jellicoe. As
        you suggest, his work is so complete and accesible that nothing else has
        seemed necessary.

        Best,
        Jim

        Jim West, ThD