Re: [lxx] (t')

  • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
      In a message dated 1/15/2006 3:29:57 PM Central Standard Time, ross.wagner@... writes:

      t' is the enclitic particle te, "and" (the vowel is elided).

      Best regards,

      Ross

      Thanks, Ross.

      Doug
      Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
      Tejas Valley
      San Antonio, Texas
    • George Blaisdell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
        Should be just an emphatic particle - Like a de, but a te, for emphasis -
        the 't' is sharp, and the 'd' is dull... Kind of like an exclamation
        point... It was used in the classical Attic Greek for that purpose, and the
        lxx is closer to Attic than the koine Greek...

        Rdr. Arsenios

        George Blaisdell
        Roslyn, WA

        "Be not troubling of you the heart..."
        [From the Gospel of John, Chapter 14, verse 1.]
      • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
          George,

          Thanks George.  I appreciate you willing to help.  I figured t' was something like this but couldn't put my finger on it.

          Doug

          Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
          Tejas Valley
          San Antonio, Texas