(t')

  • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
      Gen. 24:27,  is t' and I can't find it anywhere. the (t') is only in my LXX hard copy but not on any online sources.  The text reads:

      EME T' EUWDWKE KURIOS.  Me ___ prospered Yahweh....

      I would really like to know what T' is short for.

      Doug.

      Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
      Tejas Valley
      San Antonio, Texas
    • Ross Wagner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
        t' is the enclitic particle te, "and" (the vowel is elided).

        Best regards,

        Ross

        On 15 Jan 2006, at 4:14 PM, revdpickrel@... wrote:

        Gen. 24:27,  is t' and I can't find it anywhere. the (t') is only in my LXX hard copy but not on any online sources.  The text reads:

        EME T' EUWDWKE KURIOS.  Me ___ prospered Yahweh....

        I would really like to know what T' is short for.

        Doug.

        Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
        Tejas Valley
        San Antonio, Texas

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
          In a message dated 1/15/2006 3:29:57 PM Central Standard Time, ross.wagner@... writes:

          t' is the enclitic particle te, "and" (the vowel is elided).

          Best regards,

          Ross

          Thanks, Ross.

          Doug
          Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
          Tejas Valley
          San Antonio, Texas
        • George Blaisdell
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
            Should be just an emphatic particle - Like a de, but a te, for emphasis -
            the 't' is sharp, and the 'd' is dull... Kind of like an exclamation
            point... It was used in the classical Attic Greek for that purpose, and the
            lxx is closer to Attic than the koine Greek...

            Rdr. Arsenios

            George Blaisdell
            Roslyn, WA

            "Be not troubling of you the heart..."
            [From the Gospel of John, Chapter 14, verse 1.]
          • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
              George,

              Thanks George.  I appreciate you willing to help.  I figured t' was something like this but couldn't put my finger on it.

              Doug

              Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
              Tejas Valley
              San Antonio, Texas