Re: NT and LXX text criticism

  • Matthew Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kraft <kraft@c...> wrote:

      > I apologize for my silence. It is a bad time of the year for
      > such diversions!

      Some of us have trouble remembering when the peak load times of the
      academic schedule are;)

      For completely different reasons, I was too busy to reply also. But
      now I can at least add that the FAQ for this Yahoo! group has a little
      something to offer; in particular, it mentions Jellicoe as a
      reference, which describes much of what you mentioned.

      The FAQ is at http://students.cua.edu/16kalvesmaki/LXX/LXXFAQ.htm.

      Weingreen is also a good text on OT Textual Criticism in general,
      which includes at least some coverage of LXX/OG issues.

      Of course, you can find it on Amazon at:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0198154534/qid=1130902419/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-7324203-5837659?v=glance&s=books

      It even has nearly universal positive ratings, and 33 used copies
      still available.