Greek & Hebrew Font

  • Larry N Baker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 27, 2000
      I am looking for some really nice Greek and Hebrew fonts to add to my
      Windows 95 list of fonts. The fonts that came with it are awkward. I
      would like to have their transliteration correspond well with my keyboard
      for both Hebrew and Greek. (William Mounce has a nice "True Type"
      software format, but the breathings and accent marks do not print well.)
      Does anyone have anything to suggest in the public domain, at a website,
      or for purchase?
    • Wisnu A I
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 27, 2000
        how about in on-line bible website?
        but i forgot the address

        On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Larry N Baker wrote:

        > I am looking for some really nice Greek and Hebrew fonts to add to my
        > Windows 95 list of fonts. The fonts that came with it are awkward. I
        > would like to have their transliteration correspond well with my keyboard
        > for both Hebrew and Greek. (William Mounce has a nice "True Type"
        > software format, but the breathings and accent marks do not print well.)
        > Does anyone have anything to suggest in the public domain, at a website,
        > or for purchase?
      • John Hill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2000
          >On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Larry N Baker wrote:
          >
          > > I am looking for some really nice Greek and Hebrew fonts to add to my
          > > Windows 95 list of fonts.

          Larry,
          Have you had a look at the web site of the Tooth Fairy. I don''t
          know its address, but entering "Tooth Fairy" in your search engine should
          get it pretty quickly. They have stacks of fonts, and you could cruise
          their web site to see if they have what you want. The other site that comes
          to mind is www.sbl-site.org/pub/fonts. This is the SBL's website, and you
          can get hold of some fonts there. Hope this is of some help.

          John

          John Hill | Redemptorist Community
          Yarra Theological Union/ 17 Olive Street
          Melbourne College of Divinity Dandenong, Victoria 3128
          AUSTRALIA
          Phone: 613 9792 5618
          Fax: 613 9792 3849
        • Mbenassi48@cs.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2000
            Most of the people I know who work with Greek a lot use Greekkeys which is
            distributed by Scholars Press Software. It has been around a while but still
            seems to work the best when it comes to accents and ease of use.
          • George Blaisdell
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 2000
              What's wrong with just using uncial caps? [I like the Sinaiticus style]
              They are fast to use, easy to read, simple, and for me at least, have a good
              'feel' to them... In the areas where there are serious issues around
              accents and breathings, they can [and should] be footnoted...

              geo