Need reviewers

  • Peter Papoutsis
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2005
      Hello all:

      I wanted to know if any of you would like to review my translation (to date) of the Septuagint from Greek into English. I will understand if all of you say no, but if any are interested, I can contact you privately off of this discussion board and go from there. Let me know what you think.

    • Bill Ross
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2005
        Review as in rate, or review as in look at? I would love to have a look, but I don't think I could handle editing it.

        Bill Ross

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 15, 2005
          Yep, as in edit. I cannot find one Bishop or other Greek Orthodox Church man to review/edit my work. I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far, but I need reviewers/editors. That's why I understand if people say "NO".

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • philippe guillaume
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15, 2005
            Are you talking about the whole of the Septuagint? This sounds rather enormous!
            And what is the purpose of your translation? Church or research?

            --
            Dr Philippe Guillaume
            Molinis 12A
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 15, 2005
              Church. Always has been. Enormous? Yep. So what? do a little bit at a time. Talk to me privately if interested. If not, that ok.

            • natwoon
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 16, 2005
                Dear Peter,

                I'd be most happy to do the review.You can reach me at natwoon@...

                Nat Woon
              • lomax803
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 16, 2005
                  I think it would be much more interesting if we reviewed the original
                  authors of the sepuagint. Unfortunatly we don't know who they are so
                  perhaps we can review the book as a whole and rate how it has helped
                  humanity.

                  lomax

                  --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@n...> wrote:
                  > Review as in rate, or review as in look at? I would love to have a
                  look, but
                  > I don't think I could handle editing it.
                  >
                  > Bill Ross
                  >
                  > _____

                  Peter
                  > Papoutsis
                  > Sent: 07/15/2005 3:14 PM
                  > To: lxx@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [lxx] Need reviewers
                  >

                  > Hello all:
                  >
                  > I wanted to know if any of you would like to review my translation
                  (to date)
                  > of the Septuagint from Greek into English. I will understand if all
                  of you
                  > say no, but if any are interested, I can contact you privately off
                  of this
                  > discussion board and go from there. Let me know what you think.
                  >

                  > Peter A. Papoutsis
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > Start your <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http://www.yahoo.com/
                  r/hs>
                  > day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  the
                  > web.

                  Service
                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                  >

                  > _____
                • Barry Hofstetter
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 17, 2005
                    I'd be glad to have a look at it, Peter.

                    N.E. Barry Hofstetter
                    The Center for Urban Theological Studies
                    Philadelphia, PA
                    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1yfx7/

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 17, 2005
                      Give me a few days to get the files ready to send to you.