Re: [lxx] 36 Chapters in LXX Proverbs?

  • revdpickrel@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2005
      In a message dated 5/30/2005 7:09:35 PM Central Daylight Time, santry@... writes:

      I went to the website below and connected to the Proverbs page.  It
      shows Proverbs with Chapters 1-24 and Chapters 30-36 immediately
      following.  This does make a total of 31 but is this just an editing
      error or were there five other chapters to LXX Proverbs at some stage?

      Trudey Santos

      Hi Trudey,

      I am using a hard copy of the Septuagint, Tenth printing September 2003, with English translation by Brenton.  I checked out Proverbs and just like online Septuagint it skips from Chapter 24 to Chapter 30????  Footnotes say that verses are intermingled  The NIV Interduction credits other writers for these odd Chapters other than Solomon; Writers such as Agur, King Lemuel and writers with non-Israelite background.

      Rev. Doug Pickrel
      Tejas Valley
      San Antonio, Texas