Research

  • cyberclipse
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2005
      I have posted some information below from a result of
      my reaseach into the Tarim mummies. Apparantly
      caucations with the same technology once lived in
      North America during the same time period.

      After reading some negative things about Joseph Smith,
      I never bothered to study The Book Of Mormon.

      Sid

      The Prophet Said Silk
      by Maurice W. Connell

      http://www.shields-research.org/Scriptures/BoM/SILK02.html#4

      The voice was that of Joseph Smith, the American
      Prophet. The words were his translation of part of
      the Book of Mormon, soon to become one of the world's
      most controversial books. Oliver, the Prophet's
      scribe, heard other startling claims about ancient
      American culture, such as possession of the horse and
      the wheel, which have since been vindicated. However,
      it is still a prevalent assumption that the claim of
      silk in America, 84 BC, is a false claim, and that it
      was not possibly known in America before Columbus. It
      is a universal assumption that China alone possessed
      this textile at the date cited.

      According to popular history, the peculiar advantages
      of silkworm cocoons was discovered by the Chinese, who
      monopolized the knowledge for many centuries. Roman
      craving for this luxury, the story goes, far exceeded
      the supply they were getting from China. The origin
      of the fiber was a mystery to the occidental world.
      In the reign of Justinian, however, two Nestorian
      monks discovered the secret while in China. "There,
      amidst their pious occupations, they viewed with a
      curious eye the common dress of the Chinese, the
      manufactures of silk, and the myriads of silkworms....
      They soon discovered that it was impractical to
      transplant the short-lived insect, but that in the
      eggs a numerous progeny might be preserved, and
      multiplied in a distant climate. They observed with
      interest the labors of the little creature, and strove
      to make themselves acquainted with all the manual arts
      employed in working up its productions into so great a
      variety of fabrics."3

      Returning to the West the monks communicated their
      discovery to Justinian, who sponsored their return to
      China with a hollow cane in hand. Filled with
      silkworm eggs, it proved an acceptable gift to
      Justinian in 555 AD. The new-found art quickly
      flourished, causing less importation from China. A
      Chinese ambassador eventually discovered the stolen
      industry. "The sight of silkworms, and the
      establishments for manufacturing their produce, in
      Constantinople, were as unwelcome as unexpected; but
      he concealed his mortification, and, with perhaps an
      overstrained civility, acknowledged that the Romans
      were already become as expert as the Chinese in the
      management of the worms, and the manufacture of their
      silk."4

      Book Of Mormon
      Alma 4:6

      6 And it came to pass in the eighth year of the reign
      of the judges, that the people of the church began to
      wax proud, because of their exceeding riches, and
      their fine silks, and their fine-twined linen, and
      because of their many flocks and herds, and their gold
      and their silver, and all manner of precious things,
      which they had obtained by their industry; and in all
      these things were they lifted up in the pride of their
      eyes, for they began to wear very costly apparel.

      *The eighth year of the judges would be 85 BC.

      http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr6b.htm

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • LXX List moderator
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2005
        The member who recently posted on this topic has been
        warned about making off-topic (unrelated to the LXX)
        posts. Unless someone can demonstrate how its content
        relates to the Septuagint, please consider the topic
        closed.

        Mods

        --- cyberclipse <lomax803@...> wrote:
        > I have posted some information below from a result
        > of
        > my reaseach into the Tarim mummies. Apparantly
        > caucations with the same technology once lived in
        > North America during the same time period.
        <snip>

        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail