Re: Psalter LXX

  • mjriii2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2005
      Dear Mikhail,

      If you have access to patrologia latina vol 29 contains the
      following which may interest you:

      Vol. 29
      Main volume text
      [OPERA OMNIA HIERONYMI.]
      S. EUSEBII HIERONYMI, STRIDONENSIS PRESBYTERI DIVINAE BIBLIOTHECAE
      PARS SECUNDA; Complectens aliquot libros qui in Hebraeorum Canone
      non habentur, vel qui in Hebraeo Canone quidem habiti, iterum tamen
      e textu Graeco Septuaginta versi sunt. POSTREMUS ORDO V. TESTAMENTI.
      Hieronymus Stridonensis: [LIBER PSALMORUM.]

      In addition this site:

      http://www.ccel.org/ccel/swete/greekot.i.html

      With best regards,

      Malcolm

      --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, Mickhail Matta <mickhail_matta@y...>
      wrote:

      > Kind Gmen.
      > I am most interested in the Greek translation of the Psalms. I
      would like to know if any of you knows about a study –even an old
      one- of the Hebrew text that was probably at the basis of the
      translation of the LXX. Many commentaries of the Psalms include
      attempts to reconstruct the text when it differs from the Masoretic
      one, but they are often occasional passages, and usually
      transliterated into Latin characters. I would like to know if there
      has been an attempt to reconstruct the text in its entirety, or at
      least, if there is a commentary that deals with the passages that
      feature differences with the Masoretic text, with the Hebrew written
      in Hebrew characters –vocals included- and not transliterated.