Admonition from moderators

  • lxxmoderate
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Dear posters,

      Please remember to conduct all conversation not pertinent to the
      Septuagint off list. If you know the subject is not LXX-related, but
      think some on the list might be interested in knowing, invite them
      to contact you privately, off-list.

      Second, in no way should commercial transactions be handled
      on the list. If you have something to offer to members of the list
      because it is Septuagint related, it must be approved and posted
      by the moderators first.

      Most of the infractions here occur because we simply hit "reply
      to" without realizing that our response is going, not to the private
      individual, but the list as a whole. Even the best of us fall to this
      from time to time.

      No need to post apologies to the list. Just remember to take time
      and ask yourself whether the message is fit for the list or not,
      and that it is going to the right destination.

      Thank you,

      Moderators