FW: [lxx] Masoretic vs lxx

  • Choufrine, Arkadi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2000
      Hi, James. Christ is risen!
      ---------
      >As to the Talmud,
      my
      Harper's Bible Dictionary says it "emerged about 200 AD under Rabbi
      Judah
      the Prince." (HBD, "Talmud", 1016)/// Simply stated, there are some
      problems with the unqualified assertion that the LXX text is older than
      the
      Talmud.
      Do you seriously allow for the possibility that any portions of the LXX came
      into being after 200 AD? If you so, I would very much appreciate your
      indicating the grounds on which one might possibly base such claim.
      Thanks.
      Arkadi