Re: [lxx] Re: Early Inspiration Issues for the LXX

  • james and tatiana miller
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2000
      Tim and Mario:

      A different, but related issue. Even if you don't read Italian, with a
      dictionary, a basic knowledge of language principles (not necessarily even
      Italian) and the use of Babelfish's translation site (under the "translate"
      link at Altavista and perhaps via other sites), you CAN read Italian.
      Neither my wife nor I ever studied a minute of Italian in our lives, but we
      produced a rough, working translation of a portion of an introduction
      written in Italian in a surprisingly short time. The translation site gives
      a text box where you type or cut and paste text, select the appropriate
      language pair (in this case Italian to English), and click the "translate"
      button. The computer does about 50% of the work for you. You'll still need
      to rely plenty on plain old brain power and hard work thumbing through
      dictionaries, maybe a grammar book and scrutinizing the context. But it
      will be possible for you to read Mario's article using the Bablefish
      translation site.

      Sincerely, James

    • TJgiant@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2000
        Mario:
        Thank you so kindly for your assistance. I regret deeply the delay in
        expressing my gratitude.

        Tim Johnson