Books for sale

  • ancientworldbooks
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      I have asked for permission to post to your group some books that I have for sale related to the Septuagint.  The Moderators, James and Joel, have been kind enough to allow me to list these titles directly to you.  If any of the titles interest you, please email me directly at info@... or ancientworldbooks@... (please do not respond directly in the list).  Also, if you would like to be notified of other books I may have up for sale, please join my group 'ancientworldbooks'

      Thank you!
      Here are the titles (all are Hardcover unless otherwise stated):

      1. Archaeology and Old Testament Study by Winton Thomas (Oxford University Press)
      2. Gentile Reactions to Jewish Ideals with special reference to Proselytes by Jacob S. Raisin (Philosophical Library)
      3. The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim 2 volumes (Eerdmans)
      4. Septuaginta: id est Vetus Testamentum Graece Iuxta LXX interpretes edidit Alfred Rahlfs (Stuttgart) 2 volumes
      5. The Apocrypha: Greek and English in Parallel columns (Samuel Bagster and Sons)
      6. Jerusalem in the Old Testament by J. Simons (E.J. Brill)
      7. The Material Culture of the Land of the Bible in the Persian Period 538-332 B.C. by ephraim Stern (Aris and Phillips) SC
      8. A Genesis Apocryphon: A scroll from the Wilderness of Judaea by N. Avigad and Y. Yadin. Manuscript in Hebrew.  Work is in English
    • ajsilverstar
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2004
        Speaking of books dealing with the Septuagint, does anyone know
        where I can get the >>SECOND<< ed. of Emanual Tov's "Text Critical
        Use of the Septuagint"?

        Thanks,
        AJ
      • ajsilverstar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2004
          Hey,

          Don't all come out of the woodwork all at once now! Haha! I've been
          looking for this book for some time and am astounded that I can't
          find it. I've looked in used book stores, online used and new
          bookstores, I've even tried contacting someone in the UK to cast
          around for it there in Europe.

          If anyone has any knowledge on how to get the most current, second
          edition, of Emanuel Tov's "Text Critical Use of the Septuagint",
          which, from memory, is Jerusalum Studies 8, I would be very grateful
          if you would pass that info along to me. I think my next stop will
          be to contact the great Tov himself! (but of course, I'd rather NOT
          bother him)

          Sincerely,
          AJ

          --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "ajsilverstar" <Zarphon@a...> wrote:
          > Speaking of books dealing with the Septuagint, does anyone know
          > where I can get the >>SECOND<< ed. of Emanual Tov's "Text Critical
          > Use of the Septuagint"?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > AJ
        • David Aiken
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 28, 2004
            The Eisenbrauns website (https://www.eisenbrauns.com/ECOM/_19S11F79I.HTM)
            shows this book to be in stock. Dave Aiken

            = = = = = = = = = = = = =

            > Hey,
            >
            > Don't all come out of the woodwork all at once now! Haha! I've been
            > looking for this book for some time and am astounded that I can't
            > find it. I've looked in used book stores, online used and new
            > bookstores, I've even tried contacting someone in the UK to cast
            > around for it there in Europe.
            >
            > If anyone has any knowledge on how to get the most current, second
            > edition, of Emanuel Tov's "Text Critical Use of the Septuagint",
            > which, from memory, is Jerusalum Studies 8, I would be very grateful
            > if you would pass that info along to me. I think my next stop will
            > be to contact the great Tov himself! (but of course, I'd rather NOT
            > bother him)
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > AJ
            >

            > --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "ajsilverstar" <Zarphon@a...> wrote:
            >> Speaking of books dealing with the Septuagint, does anyone know
            >> where I can get the >>SECOND<< ed. of Emanual Tov's "Text Critical
            >> Use of the Septuagint"?
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> AJ
          • Harold P. Scanlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 28, 2004

              Eisenbrauns website lists it as in stock:  www.eisenbrauns.com

              Harold P. Scanlin

              41 Waldheim Park

              Allentown, PA  18103

              voice  610-791-9146

              fax  610-791-0439

              harold.scanlin@...

              Don't all come out of the woodwork all at once now! Haha! I've been
              looking for this book for some time and am astounded that I can't
              find it. I've looked in used book stores, online used and new
              bookstores, I've even tried contacting someone in the UK to cast
              around for it there in Europe.

              If anyone has any knowledge on how to get the most current, second
              edition, of Emanuel Tov's "Text Critical Use of the Septuagint",
              which, from memory, is Jerusalum Studies 8, I would be very grateful
              if you would pass that info along to me. I think my next stop will
              be to contact the great Tov himself! (but of course, I'd rather NOT
              bother him)

              Sincerely,
              AJ

              --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "ajsilverstar" <Zarphon@a...> wrote:
              > Speaking of books dealing with the Septuagint, does anyone know
              > where I can get the >>SECOND<< ed. of Emanual Tov's "Text Critical
              > Use of the Septuagint"?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > AJ

            • ajsilverstar
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 29, 2004
                Dear Dave Aiken and Harold P. Scanlin,

                I cannot thank you enough for your assistance! It was wonderful of
                you to take the time to point me in the right direction, and from
                the looks of it, it is just that. I dare say you both are "gentlemen
                and scholars". Again, please feel my warm appreciation for your
                assistance. Having my own copy will greatly help me in my studies.

                Sincerely,
                Adam

                --- In lxx@yahoogroups.com, "Harold P. Scanlin"
                <harold.scanlin@v...> wrote:
                > Eisenbrauns website lists it as in stock: www.eisenbrauns.com
                >

                > Harold P. Scanlin
                >
                > 41 Waldheim Park
                >
                > Allentown, PA 18103
                >
                > voice 610-791-9146
                >
                > fax 610-791-0439
                >
                > <mailto:harold.scanlin@v...> harold.scanlin@v...

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129igiega/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
                76/D=gr

                oups/S=1707208862:HM/EXP=1088543533/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http
                :/compa
                > nion.yahoo.com> click here
                >

                > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
                > :HM/A=2128215/rand=578075074>
                >

                > _____

                Service