66[lxx] Re: Hebrew translation of LXX

  • Larry N Baker
    Nov 21, 1999
      It would be interesting just to read how Israelis would read the
      traditional, majority text of the LXX in Hebrew. Some would find this
      easier, as a native Hebrew speaker, than reading Brenton's English
      translation or the coming NETS, if such a volume has been published in
      Israel. Hatch and Redpath does give somewhat of an opportunity to do
      this with their Hebrew word notes but little regarding syntax. It would,
      of course, give a hypothetical (albeit, also interpretive) view of the
      passages of the Hebrew text utilized by the literal translators of
      passages of the LXX.

      Larry Baker

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic